[Close] 

Preventative Maintenance Technician

Job Description: GENERAL FUNCTIONS:  Under minimal supervision, perform routine preventive maintenance on production, inspection, and cleaning equipment.   Provide support to maintenance technicians with the repairs of production equipment.  Document all maintenance performed in an accurate and timely manner.   Provide support functions to manufacturing departments as needed. 

WORK PERFORMED:

  1. Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on all production, inspection and cleaning equipment.
  2. Complete and maintain records of preventative maintenance tasks for all production equipment per established procedures.
  3. Respond in a timely manner, to maintenance requests, and emergency requirements.
  4. Assist with the moving and installation of new equipment and machines.
  5. Respond to production related emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
  6. Document and maintain stocking levels of maintenance supplies.

All employees are expected to perform their duties within their ability as required by the job or as requested by management.

RESPONSIBILITY:

Materials or Products:  Extreme care and attention required to prevent loss or damage to production equipment.  Perform skilled maintenance and repair to production equipment involving high degree of precision and attention to detail.

Safety to Others:  Extreme care and attention required to prevent injury to others.  Many inherent hazards of job cannot be safeguarded.  Safety to others depends entirely upon course of action of employee on job and carelessness may result in total disability or fatal accidents to others.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

Equivalent Educational Level:  High school diploma and minimum 2 years’ experience in maintenance related field.

Job Training and Experience:  At least two years of experience with general mechanical and electrical maintenance.

Knowledge/Skills Required:  Ability to perform routine maintenance on all production, inspection and cleaning equipment.

EFFORT REQUIRED:

Mental/Visual Effort:  The job also requires exacting degree of visual attention together with precise hand/eye coordination.

Physical Effort: 

  1. Majority of the work period is spent on the feet, approximately 80% of the work period will be spent standing or walking, and the remaining 20% will be sitting or kneeling.
  2. Kneeling, squatting, bending and stooping in an awkward position may be required up to 5% of the work period.
  3. Pushing and pulling are required about 60-70% of the work period.  Pushing and pulling may involve heavy weights in excess of 300 pounds.
  4. Reaching is required at all levels on a frequent basis throughout the work period.  Overhead reaching will not exceed 10% of the work period.
  5. Lifting and carrying are rarely above 75 pounds.  Frequent lifting of weights up to 50 pounds is common for a distance of up to 50 feet, but commonly from 10-20 feet.
  6. Many tasks require twisting the torso, particularly when confined in small areas.

WORKING CONDITIONS:

Surroundings:  Works inside shops or other production areas, and all other areas of facility where several disagreeable elements are present to a substantial degree.

Hazards:  Manually handles heavyweight materials and equipment.  Performs heavy maintenance work to repair, set-up, or tear down equipment.  Regularly adjusts moving machinery.  Maintenance Technician is sometime exposed to injury from electrocution and from flammable or volatile liquid or gases.



Don't Be Fooled

The fraudster will send a check to the victim who has accepted a job. The check can be for multiple reasons such as signing bonus, supplies, etc. The victim will be instructed to deposit the check and use the money for any of these reasons and then instructed to send the remaining funds to the fraudster. The check will bounce and the victim is left responsible.

More Jobs

Automotive Tire Maintenance Technician / Mechanic
Linden, NJ Bridgestone Americas, Inc
Full-time Maintenance Technician- Wayne, NJ
Wayne, NJ Enterprise Holdings
Automotive Tire Maintenance Technician / Mechanic
Bayonne, NJ Bridgestone Americas, Inc
Automotive Tire Maintenance Technician / Mechanic
Edison, NJ Bridgestone Americas, Inc
Automotive Tire Maintenance Technician / Mechanic
Wyckoff, NJ Bridgestone Americas, Inc
Automotive Tire Maintenance Technician / Mechanic
Jersey City, NJ Bridgestone Americas, Inc